Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that affects the way the body processes glucose, a type of sugar, and insulin, a hormone that regulates the levels of glucose in the blood. There are two main types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. While type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that requires insulin injections, type 2 diabetes is characterized by insulin resistance and can be managed through lifestyle changes, medication, and in some cases, insulin therapy.
The causes of diabetes range from genetic predisposition to lifestyle factors. Type 1 diabetes is often caused by genetics, while Type 2 diabetes can be caused by a combination of genetics and lifestyle factors such as being overweight, having a sedentary lifestyle, and poor nutrition.
Although traditional treatments for diabetes involve insulin injections and medications, there are also some herbal remedies that can be used to treat diabetes. Some of the herbs that are known to be beneficial for diabetes are regularly included in the formula of innovative and efficient bio-supplements for blood sugar control.
Best Products for Treating Diabetes Symptoms
Types of Diabetes – Causes & Symptoms
It is usually said that there are 2 main types of diabetes, each of which is distinguished by its characteristic features. For example, when it comes to children and young people who have abnormalities in their immune system, certain substances appear that act as antibodies. In these cases, it is imperative to inject insulin and here we are talking about type 1 diabetes. It is also known as insulin dependent.
People over the age of 40 more often suffer from type 2 diabetes, in which the causes of the manifestation of the disease for others. In these cases, the pancreatic cells are not attacked and therefore insulin is produced normally by the body. The problem comes from the fact that its action is impaired and therefore it is not able to ensure the penetration of glucose into the cells.
There is another type of diabetes that is less known, and that is gestational diabetes. It closely resembles the clinical picture of type 2 diabetes, with its combination of relatively inadequate insulin secretion and sensitivity. This type of diabetes occurs in pregnant women and in most cases passes after childbirth.
How to Relieve Diabetes Symptoms Naturally
Now let’s see what are the main risk factors that can lead to the onset of diabetes.
- Hereditary predisposition;
- Presence of chronically elevated blood pressure levels;
- High cholesterol levels;
- Birth of a fetus weighing more than 4 kilograms;
- Cardiovascular disease.
The most common symptoms of diabetes are:
- A strong sensation of constant thirst;
- Feeling of dryness in the mouth;
- Unprovoked weight loss;
- Chronic fatigue and constant tiredness;
- Itching and delayed healing of wounds;
- Swelling and bruising of the legs;
- Impairde and blurred vision.
Herbs for Diabetes Treatment
Herbal treatment has been used for centuries to manage various health conditions, including diabetes. Herbs can help control blood sugar levels, reduce oxidative stress, and improve insulin sensitivity. However, it is important to keep in mind that herbal remedies should be used as complementary therapy, not as a substitute for conventional treatment.
Here are 7 of the most useful herbs for the treatment of diabetes:
- Gymnema Sylvestre – Helps lower blood sugar levels by increasing insulin production and sensitivity. It also Inhibits the absorption of glucose in the intestines and can improve cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- Bitter Melon – the fruit contains several compounds that have been shown to lower blood sugar levels. It can improve insulin sensitivity and glucose utilization due to its low glycemic index – it makes it a good food choice for diabetics;
- Fenugreek – Helps slow down the absorption of carbohydrates and reduce the spike in blood sugar levels after a meal. The herb also improves insulin sensitivity and glucose utilization thus lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- Cinnamon – this popular spuice can lower fasting blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity. It contains antioxidants that protect against oxidative stress, a common complication of diabetes. The substance also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent diabetic complications;
- Bilberry – Contains anthocyanins, a type of antioxidant that can improve insulin sensitivity and glucose utilization. Can also lower oxidative stress and inflammation, reducing the risk of diabetic complications. Has a low glycemic index, making it a good food choice for diabetics;
- Guggulu – Helps lower blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity and successfully prevents diabetic complications;
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – An antioxidant that can improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels. Can also lower oxidative stress and inflammation, and improve nerve function, reducing the risk of diabetic neuropathy.
The above herbs are just a few of the many herbal remedies that can help with the management of diabetes. While these remedies can help to improve symptoms, it is important to consult with a doctor before beginning any treatment, as some herbs can have side effects or interfere with medications. With the right lifestyle habits, diet, and herbal remedies, it is possible to manage diabetes and lead a healthy and active life.
Lead a Healthy Lifestyle to Relieve Diabetes and Its Symptoms
For those who are living with diabetes, it is important to make lifestyle changes such as following a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Eating whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and limiting fat and sugar intake can help to control blood sugar levels. Regular physical activity can also help to improve circulation and reduce stress, which can help with the management of diabetes.
Herbs can be a useful addition to a comprehensive diabetes management plan, helping to control blood sugar levels, reduce oxidative stress, and improve insulin sensitivity. However, it is important to keep in mind that herbal remedies should not be used as a substitute for conventional treatment and should always be used under the supervision of a healthcare professional. If you have diabetes, talk to your doctor before incorporating herbal remedies into your treatment plan to ensure that they are safe and effective for you.
Finally, it is important to monitor blood sugar levels regularly to make sure they remain within a healthy range. This can help to reduce the risk of complications and can help people with diabetes to lead a normal and healthy life.