All men should take care of their health. Prevention is the best treatment so you should remember this if you want to enjoy your life to a maximum degree. It is a well-known fact that after the 40th anniversary, many men tend to experience some natural hormonal changes, similar to menopause in women. They are defined by the term “andropause”. Its manifestations are associated with progressively decreasing levels of testosterone, while the level of estrogen (female sex hormones) remains the same or relatively increases. This is why various health problems may occur as most of them affect the prostate gland. Medical scientists explain that the prostate is a gland that is found only in men and has the size of a walnut. It is located just in front of the rectum, under the bladder neck, and surrounds the tube that carries urine out of the body, also known as the urethra. This gland is responsible for producing white fluid, which protects and nourishes sperm.
With age progression, the prostate tends to enlarge, putting pressure on the urethra, which can lead to problems such as prostatitis and prostate hyperplasia. All this also reduces sexual desire and triggers unpleasant symptoms such as erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Thankfully, there are various working methods that can maintain good prostate health. In the following article, we are going to share with you some beneficial herbs and foods that you can consume more to improve your prostate function. In addition, you will learn about some useful methods that can allow you to protect your health and avoid dealing with prostatitis and prostate hyperplasia. If you are curious to read about other similar topics, read here.
At the beginning of our article, we would also like to advise you to use organic supplements in case of any prostate-related problems. For instance, you can take a look at the Dozex capsules. Their natural formula not only prevents prostatitis but also improves potency and libido in men.
What is important to maintain good prostate health. How to protect the prostate gland from hyperplasia and prostatitis? Useful herbs and foods for natural prostatitis treatment? What are the most common prostatitis symptoms? What is the best prostatitis natural treatment?
An Interesting Fact
The prostate gland has the function of producing a whitish secretion that is part of the semen and serves to protect and activate the sperm. Hence its name, which in ancient Greek means protector.
Most Common Prostate Health Problems – Prostatitis & Prostate Hyperplasia
Prostate problems are common in men at a certain age but not only. More and more young men also tend to suffer from various inflammation processes that occur and negatively affect prostate function. In this line of thinking, we should mention that there are two main diseases that develop. In one case it is prostate enlargement (a.k.a. prostate hyperplasia). This condition is related to a benign enlargement of the glandular parenchyma. The second most common prostate disease is prostatitis. This is an inflammation of the prostate gland, which can be acute or chronic. It usually develops after an invasion of bacterial pathogens in the area of the gland.
- Prostate Enlargement – the medical term for this condition is prostate hyperplasia and it is the most common problem in men over the age of 45. This type of disease usually debuts with a very characteristic clinical picture that almost every adult man has experienced. In addition to ejaculation disorders, the symptoms may also involve problematic or impossible urination. Problems in the normal excretion of urine are explained by the presence of narrowing of the urethra, which does not allow complete and accurate emptying of the bladder. As a result, there are remaining drops after urination. This is related to the incomplete emptying of the bladder. Statistically, almost 500 men under the age of 50 suffer from this disease, and at the age of 80, statistics show that the disease affects 90% of men.
- Prostatitis – this is the next most common prostate disease. It usually occurs in younger men and often develops in those who are more sexually active. Its symptoms often resemble those of an enlarged prostate, but sometimes the inflammation of the gland does not necessarily occur with an increase in its volume. Acute inflammation of the gland – acute prostatitis – can develop with fever and low back pain. Chronic prostatitis gives milder symptoms, but they are significantly common in the developmental stage of the disease, as it often progresses to exacerbations. Most doctors treat the condition with prostatitis antibiotics but there are also very beneficial prostatitis herbs that can help. Vigorense capsules contain many organic ingredients that effectively prevent prostatitis by eliminating its symptoms. This is one of the most effective prostate health supplements on the market.
Prostatitis – Understanding the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Here are the most common prostatitis symptoms
- Burning when urinating;
- Frequent urge to urinate;
- Abdominal pain;
- Difficult erection;
- Painful and premature ejaculation;
- Blood in the urine;
- A sharp smell of urine;
- Pain during defecation;
- Pain in the lower back, around the thighs, or genitals;
- Watery secretion from the penis.
Main Causes That Trigger Prostate Health Problems
The reasons for the appearance and development of problems with the prostate are not yet fully examined. The etiology and pathogenesis of prostate diseases are considered to be complex and depend on many things, such as hormones, age, growth factors, lifestyle, diet, environment. After the 40th anniversary, men experience natural hormonal changes. They are defined by the term “andropause” and can be influenced depending on the lifestyle of the man and his daily habits. Its manifestations are associated with decreasing levels of testosterone and increasing estrogen concentration. The reason for all this is in the presence of so-called xenoestrogens (fake estrogens). The most common sources are the various petrochemical derivatives: pesticides, plastics, emulsifiers (contained in almost all cosmetic products); meat from estrogen-treated animals. All xenohormones are toxic and most of them have an estrogenic effect on the male and female bodies. The breakdown of estrogen takes place in the liver, ie. any problems with it (inflammatory processes, hepatitis, cirrhosis) would further contribute to an increase in estrogen levels, and hence the potential danger of prostatitis and prostate hyperplasia.
Among the reasons that lead to prostatitis and prostate enlargement are also:
- Unprotected sexual intercourse;
- Bad Habits – long time behind the wheel, immobility, unhealthy eating habits, lack of adequate health care, etc;
- Predisposing factors – narrowing and abnormalities of the urethra, injuries to the prostate gland caused by postoperative infection;
- Advanced age;
- The conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
Best Recommendations for Prostatitis Natural Treatment
- Increase your consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. They are rich in a whole range of anti-inflammatory phytonutrients – antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber;
- Start drinking green tea – it contains compounds called catechins. They accumulate in the prostate, where they model the production and activity of male hormones and have an impact on maintaining good prostate health and prostate function;
- Maintain a healthy weight – the connection between being overweight and a high risk of prostate hyperplasia has been proven. Obesity in the waist and hips is considered a very serious predisposing factor;
- Perform regular exercise to burn calories and avoid obesity. Exercising improves blood circulation;
- Control stress – research has found a relationship between stress activation of the sympathetic nervous system, hormonal changes, and benign prostate hyperplasia;
- Have a regular sexual activity;
- Limit alcohol intake – Alcohol metabolites in the body irritate the prostate gland and worsen the symptoms of prostatitis.
Best Prostatitis Herbs and Foods That Can Prevent It
Below, you will find our special list of powerful herbs and beneficial foods that can successfully eliminate unpleasant prostatitis symptoms. Read this information and choose your preferred natural products to deal with the disease naturally.
- Tribulus Terestris – this powerful herb has a really positive effect on prostate health because it demonstrates strong anti-inflammatory properties. It acts on the enzyme cyclooxygenase – 2 (COX-2), thus reducing pain, swelling, and inflammation in case of prostatitis. Studies show that there are potential benefits for prostate hyperplasia too. Furostanol saponins, which are contained in the herb, have a positive effect on prostate function. The extract is a powerful antioxidant and diuretic. Its action is primarily related to the increase in testosterone levels. This happens naturally. The herb is also rich in steroid saponins, flavonoids, and glycosides that increase reproductive abilities and sexual function in men;
- Pumpkin Seeds – this natural extract contains nutrients that promote a healthy prostate, especially carotenoids, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, and zinc. Pumpkin seed extract contributes to prostate health by inhibiting the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which may be responsible for swelling and/or prostate enlargement. The combination of nutrients and oil in pumpkin seeds eliminates prostatitis symptoms;
- Soy Extract – the ingredient contains isoflavones that have antiestrogenic properties. Estrogen stimulates the growth of prostate cells. Genistein and other soy isoflavones block the growth of prostate cells and reduce the risk of prostate hyperplasia;
- Nettle Roots – they feature a powerful nutritional content that effectively neutralizes symptoms related to pain and frequent urination;
- Turmeric – its main compound is curcumin – a powerful antitoxin and anti-inflammatory agent. It successfully regenerates the normal prostate function by preventing further complications;
- Saw Palmetto – This herb is widely used to support the male reproductive system, including the enlarged prostate, due to its following properties: Improves prostate function by reducing its size. It also has a beneficial effect on complaints related to the lower urinary tract. Saw Palmetto improves the urination flow;
- Tomato – the fruit contains various natural substances with strong antioxidant action, which help fight the bacterial infection. They also contain bioflavonoids and lycopene, which help reduce the frequency of urination. This makes tomatoes a suitable prostatitis treatment that can be combined with prostatitis antibiotics;
- Blueberries – this delicious fruit is rich in antioxidants and other natural compounds that are effective in treating urogenital disorders. Blueberries also have been described as effective in the case of prostate enlargement;
- Watermelon Seeds – they contain some important unsaturated fatty acids that help maintain the pH level in the urinary tract and bladder, which is essential for maintaining prostate health;
- Parsley – it is both an herb and a spice with excellent diuretic properties that are valuable for keeping the urinary tract healthy. The flavonoids in parsley help reduce tissue inflammation and clear toxins from the body.
Regular Visits to the Doctor are Essential
As much as most of us are not willing to go to the doctor frequently, sometimes this is the best way to make sure that we are healthy. Our recommendation here is to regularly check the condition of your prostate gland to prevent the development of diseases and unpleasant symptoms. Also, try to lead a healthier lifestyle and to eat more natural foods. This will boost your metabolism and energy levels. In addition, you can always rely on bio-based supplements that are useful in case of prostatitis or low libido. UltraProst is a powerful prostate health supplement that effectively neutralizes all acute symptoms and discomfort related to prostatitis. In addition, the capsules stimulate sexual desire and boost libido. No matter which particular product you choose it is important to take care of your male health to prevent dangerous consequences and discomfort.